International Commerce Group (ICG) is a change agent and an international broker of innovative market development services focused on best practices in business development, economic development and wealth creation in emerging economies. ICG model is based on a full understanding of the unique market potential that exists at the bottom of the (economic) pyramid (BOP) and the unconventional approach to product introduction, pricing, positioning, marketing and distribution that is required to tap into this latent market.
Fully Two-thirds of the world's population live s at the bottom
of the (economic) pyramid (BOP). This represents a largely untapped
market of between 4 and 5 billion potential consumers and creative
entrepreneurs, who are poised to become the engine of the next
phase of growth in global trade . Yet, few firms recognize or
acknowledge the BOP's market potential and fewer still understand
what is required to tap into the opportunities it provides.
ICG 's core business offerings are strategically
crafted to maximize the latent opportunities of the emerging BOP
market. And, we are ideally positioned to exploit two distinct
points of entry to this market:
- Directly as product and service brokers to companies interested
in exporting appropriate products and services to BOP markets.
- Indirectly as business development consultants to multinational
firms who have identified the BOP potential but have not been
able to develop appropriate product, service or marketing and
distribution strategies; and
Our consultants and strategists, market development specialists,
logistics experts, financial analysts, engineers and technicians
- identify critical product and service needs of emerging economies
and BOP populations;
- facilitate product/service design (or redesign) for suitability
to the BOP market;
- develop product pricing, positioning, marketing and distribution
strategies appropriate for BOP markets;
- facilitate the development of local capabilities;
- facilitate the de-skilling of operations, as may be required;
- build and nurture private/public sector partnerships essential
for success in emerging economies; and
- create market eco-system¹ models that can be scaled and
replicated across BOP markets.
ICG initial target markets are the countries of Sub-Sahara Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America, North America and Brazil.